Capture your project in digital form using 3D scanning in Boston
- Complete projects faster
- Attain higher accuracy with your designs
- Receive beautiful 3D models
- Get 2D and 3D plans made quickly
- Free point cloud included with every scan
- 360 degree panoramic images available
Many possible outputs are available including:
3D scanning in Boston can help you solve problems such as:
- Map out structure, piping and conduit to accurately plan changes to your facility
- Engineer new product prototypes
- Performing first-article-inspection, verifying that the part was built as designed
- Create a 3D CAD model complete with 2D drawings having only the part to go by
- Create a BIM model for building renovation
- Make digital modifications to parts by changing their size or adding/removing features
- Closely analyze parts for subtle flaws and fitment issues
“We contracted Arrival 3D to do a scan and create a 3D model of a manufacturing assembly that we transferred to another U.S. manufacturing location. This technology allowed us to transfer the line in record time! Arrival 3D was very responsive, met deadlines and were cost competitive.”
start your project
Are you new to 3D scanning in Boston?
If so, that is not a problem, many of our customers are. Here are answers to questions that people often have about 3D scanning:
What is 3D scanning?3d scanning is the process of using electronic instruments to capture the precise shape of an object in digital form. There are two main types: 1) long range 3D scanning services and 2) part 3D scanning services.
Is there a size limit?Yes, but it is very broad and ranges from about the size of a kernel of corn to the size of a very large industrial facility. For example, a mile-long assembly line would be no problem. For a California customer, we once scanned five miles of conveyor belts.
How accurate is it?Depending on the type of scanning, accuracy can range from 1/8″ for building scanning to .0005″ for industrial ct scanning services. The typical accuracy for an average part is about .005″.
How much does it cost?The cost of doing 3d scanning in Boston starts at $100 or more depending on part size and complexity. On-site 3D laser scanning cost starts at $1,500 per day or more depending on the situation. Every scan is different, so call us for a customized quote for your project.
How long does it take?Typical turnaround for a simple scanning project is 3-5 days. If CAD modeling is involved, the turnaround time varies according to complexity.
3D Scanning Services Gallery
Here are some example renderings taken from recent 3D scanning service projects that we have worked on:
more faq's about 3D scanning in Boston
Who uses 3d scanning services?
- Power Plant Engineers
- Facility Managers
- BIM Managers
- Aerospace Engineers
- Mold Makers
- Product Designers
- Quality Managers
- Forensic Engineers
- Law Enforcement Agents
- Artists & Sculptors
- Scientists & Researchers
- Game Designers
- Virtual World Creators
- Marketing Directors
Why would you use 3D scanning services?Whenever you need to solve problems such as:
- You have a mold that we’ve been using for 30 years and have no drawings for it
- You need to install additional piping within an already congested space
- You are re-purposing a space and need as-built drawings
- You have a hand-made prototype and need to create drawings to manufacture it
- You need to perform a FAI (First Article Inspection)
What types of output files can be obtained?Many standard 3D files can be produced including Solidworks, STL for 3D printing, AutoCAD, STEP, IGES, XYZ, ReCap and many more. Here is a more extensive list of the file formats you can get from 3D scanning services.
Will 3D Scanning damage my part?No. 3D Laser scanning is a non-contact technique. For highly reflective parts, we may coat the part with a light talcum powder which is easliy removed.
Are 3D scanning services safe?Our on-site laser scanning process uses eye-safe instruments in most cases. For flammable environments we use an explosion-proof scanner. 3D scanning promotes safety because it permits you to take measurements from a safe distance from your plant hazards.
What types of 3D scanners do you use?We use some of the best 3D scanners available. And if we don’t have it, we know where to get it.
Can I do the scanning myself?Yes! DIY 3D scanning may be an option for you. If you have the time and patience, you can do 3D scanning for free. But if accuracy, quality and turnaround time matter, we’d be glad to do it for you.
sample files to download
Here are a various types of scan output formats that you can download and test with your software. (These are for your testing use only, and not for publishing or distribution)