Accelerate your project using 3D scanning services in Portland
A variety of outputs are possible through 3d scanning in portland:
Companies in portland can use 3d scanning for:
- Retrofit around existing equipment
- Plant or factory maintenance
- Inspection manufactured parts for flaws
- Reverse-engineer drawings from the part itself
- Create a BIM model for building renovation
- Make digital modifications to parts by changing their size or adding/removing features
- Closely analyze parts for subtle flaws and fitment issues
start your project
Are you new to 3D scanning in portland?
If so, that is not a problem, many of our customers are. Here are answers to questions that people often have about 3D scanning:
What is 3D scanning?
3d scanning is the process of using electronic instruments to capture the precise shape of an object in digital form. There are two main types: 1) long range 3D scanning services and 2) part 3D scanning services.
Is there a size limit?
Yes, but it is very broad and ranges from about the size of a kernel of corn to the size of a very large industrial facility. For example, a mile-long assembly line would be no problem. For a California customer, we once scanned five miles of conveyor belts.
How accurate is it?
How much does it cost?
The cost of doing 3d scanning in Portland starts at $100 or more depending on part size and complexity. On-site 3D laser scanning cost starts at $1,500 per day or more depending on the situation. Every scan is different, so call us for a customized quote for your project.
How long does it take?
Typical turnaround for a simple scanning project is 3-5 days. If CAD modeling is involved, the turnaround time varies according to complexity.
3D Scanning Services Gallery
more faq's about 3D scanning in portland
Who uses 3d scanning services?
- Power Plant Engineers
- Facility Managers
- BIM Managers
- Aerospace Engineers
- Mold Makers
- Product Designers
- Quality Managers
- Forensic Engineers
- Law Enforcement Agents
- Artists & Sculptors
- Scientists & Researchers
- Game Designers
- Virtual World Creators
- Marketing Directors
Why would you use 3D scanning services?Whenever you need to solve problems such as:
- You have a mold that we’ve been using for 30 years and have no drawings for it
- You need to install additional piping within an already congested space
- You are re-purposing a space and need as-built drawings
- You have a hand-made prototype and need to create drawings to manufacture it
- You need to perform a FAI (First Article Inspection)