Accelerate your project using 3D scanning services
A variety of outputs are possible through 3d scanning in Seattle:
Companies in Seattle can use 3d scanning for:
- Retrofit around existing equipment
- Plant or factory maintenance
- Inspection manufactured parts for flaws
- Reverse-engineer drawings from the part itself
- Create a BIM model for building renovation
- Make digital modifications to parts by changing their size or adding/removing features
- Closely analyze parts for subtle flaws and fitment issues
start your project
Are you new to 3D scanning in Seattle?
If so, that is not a problem, many of our customers are. Here are answers to questions that people often have about 3D scanning:
What is 3D scanning?
3d scanning is the process of using electronic instruments to capture the precise shape of an object in digital form. There are two main types: 1) long range 3D scanning services and 2) part 3D scanning services.
Is there a size limit?
Yes, but it is very broad and ranges from about the size of a kernel of corn to the size of a very large industrial facility. For example, a mile-long assembly line would be no problem. For a California customer, we once scanned five miles of conveyor belts.
How accurate is it?
How much does it cost?
The cost of doing 3d scanning in Seattle varies depending on part size and complexity. Typically, on-site 3D laser scanning projects start at $3,000 and part scanning starts at $500. But every scan is different, so call us for a customized quote for your project.
How long does it take?
Typical turnaround for a simple scanning project is 1 week. If CAD modeling is involved, the turnaround time varies according to complexity.
3D Scanning Services Gallery
more faq's about 3D scanning in Seattle
Who uses 3d scanning services?
- Power Plant Engineers
- Facility Managers
- BIM Managers
- Aerospace Engineers
- Mold Makers
- Product Designers
- Quality Managers
- Forensic Engineers
- Law Enforcement Agents
- Artists & Sculptors
- Scientists & Researchers
- Game Designers
- Virtual World Creators
- Marketing Directors
Why would you use 3D scanning services?Whenever you need to solve problems such as:
- You have a mold that we’ve been using for 30 years and have no drawings for it
- You need to install additional piping within an already congested space
- You are re-purposing a space and need as-built drawings
- You have a hand-made prototype and need to create drawings to manufacture it
- You need to perform a FAI (First Article Inspection)