Matterport’s Pro2 3D Scanner: Connecting 3D Scanning Services & VRFounded in 2011, Matterport has become an immersive media tech company that build 3D VR for industries like real estate, entertainment and much more. They released their Matterport Pro2 this past summer. This particular scanner offers effortless, high-resolution reality capture, with 4K photography. You can shoot, edit, and share complete 3D walkthroughs that you can distribute across the web, print, and virtual reality. This is a great tool to use for 3D VR in sales and marketing especially for realtors. The Pro2 gives any potential buyer the opportunity to be immersed in a home and talk a visual tour before signing anything.Dont get me wrong, the Pro2 is a great tool for 3D scanning and VR. But having been born from the real estate industry, the top priorities for Matterport are image quality, easy-to-use, and automated features. Accuracy is not on this list. The scan data captured from one position works perfectly well. But it is when you merge multiple scanning positions together where you might run into some accuracy issues. If you’re looking for a perfectly accurate long range 3D scanner, this might not be for you. But if your looking to create virtual walkthroughs, advertising assets, and easy floor plans, the Pro2 might be just what you’re looking for.
Pro2: 3D Scanning Services + VRHere’s what the Matterport Pro2 can offer;
- 3D Showcasing: Industry-leading, interactive 3D for web and mobile, now with vivid 4K visuals.
- Virtual Reality: Immersive virtual experiences for Gear VR, Cardboard, and Daydream.
- Print-Ready Photographs: Vivid imagery for print and digital communication.
- 3D Measurements: Measure any dimension with 99% accuracy.
- Floor Plans & XYZ Files: Automatically generate black-and-white floor plans ($15), and technical assets like registered point clouds and reflected ceiling plans.