Android Adopts 3D Laser Scanning
Making facial recognition more effective
Smartphone companies have always stayed on top of the latest technology trends. One of the biggest topics everyone has been paying close attention to in the technological world is 3D laser scanning. It has made its way into the limelight due to some extraordinary uses. Now it will be embedded into our smartphones. You might be wondering how?
Our smartphones already have some of the highest technology that we use to unlock our phones. It possesses facial recognition that allows you to show your face and access your information. The phone captures specific points on your face and analyzes them to make sure you are the one supposed to be getting into your phone. We use it as a safety measure to keep all of our stuff private.
Now it will become faster, more secure, and smarter than ever before. Android will be implementing ToF or time of flight sensors used in 3D laser scanning to capture those points. It allows things to be captured in real-time and gather the information in a more precise manner. It offers a higher resolution and will be installed on the front camera. Many more companies will soon be competitive to use this technology, and every consumer will have some form of 3D laser scanning in their pockets.
Why is 3D laser scanning useful
3D laser scanning has become so prevalent because it allows us to gather information faster and accurately. It has become useful in many industries because it provides us a way to study objects in a way that humans never could. Here are some of the best benefits of using 3D laser scanning.
- Accuracy- It captures 3D cloud points all over an object and analyzes them. It allows for items that have hard to see colors to be analyzed quickly. This could take a human hour, but it takes the machine only a few minutes to gather these essential points.
- Speed- Unlike us, where we have to spend hours taking apart something to understand how it works. All someone needs to do is help the machine gather the data by aiming and pointing it. The entire process only takes a few moments.
- Human Touch- Right now, things are dicey worldwide. We are figuring out ways to prevent germs from spreading. 3D laser scanning helps with that. It uses lasers and cameras to capture information; there is no need for humans to touch the object.
- Saving- It saves all of the information in the cloud where it can’t be erased. It is saved for a lifetime and can be accessed at any time. This is perfect for people who need to study information and compare the old to new scans.
- Versatile- Once all of the information is in the system, the user has many options for the scans. They can choose to 3D print an exact replica; they can turn it into virtual reality or send it to someone as an electronic file.
The benefits of this technology are tremendous. Inside of a phone, this would allow users all of those benefits but also more. The users will know that their information is secure and that the phone will always recognize them without a hitch. It would also work much faster than the typical face sensors.